Monday, September 28, 2015

Post 1.5: Internet Update

Update from post one: we have internet! It took a frustratingly long while but we finally have internet in our apartment and it's glorious. Unfortunately I was the one who had to be home while it was installed and the guy didn't speak any English. When I met him at the door he said something like "blah blah internetu blah blah blah blah" so I pretty much smiled and just open the door wider for him to come in.

He understood pretty quickly that I knew zero Czech but he didn't really seem bothered by this. He just unpacked his gear and scanned the walls for our hook-up before getting to work.

He farted around with our cords and used his phone to translate important stuff to explain to me while working. This killed his phone however, and then he looked at me quizzically and said "Micro USB (meecrow ooh-ess-bay)?" I got him set up with a charger and after some paperwork, we proceeded to watch a soccer match together while we waited for his phone to get enough juice for him to leave. All in all it was a successful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment